Sat, May 27|
Laura Giusti - Fenice
I took inspiration for my creation from the mythological figure of the phoenix, also called the firebird. It is known to be able to be reborn from its ashes after death and it is considered an auspicious and hopeful symbol since Ancient Egypt.
Time & Location
May 27, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
About the Event
I took inspiration for my creation from the mythological figure of the phoenix, also called the firebird. It is known to be able to be reborn from its ashes after death and it is considered an auspicious and hopeful symbol since Ancient Egypt. I decided to represent the phoenix because of the difficulties we are going through and in order to wish everyone to get over the coronavirus pandemic, which involved the whole world.
Laura's native language is Italian and that is what she speaks in class. She teaches with her interpreter Luisa who is very knowledgeable about both beading in general and Laura's designs. In all of our conversations over Zoom I have found it very easy to communicate with them. I think you will enjoy the environment and perhaps learn a little Italian in the process, perhaps for that "must take" trip to Rome.
Level of difficulty: Intermediate/Advanced
Techniques: Circular Peyote & Herringbone
Material lists will be sent so that you can elect to supply your own materials. Kits are optional and may be available from Burke Gems & Beads. Please contact them at https://www.burkegemsbeads.com/ if you would like to inquire regarding the purchase of a kit.
- Miyuki seed beads 11/0 galvanized gold – code 1052 - 10 g
- Miyuki seed beads 15/0 galvanized gold – code 1052 - 5 g
- Miyuki seed beads 8/0 galvanized gold – code 1052 - 20 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Dyed Semi-Matte Op. Sienna (DB0794) – first colour - 10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Duracoat Opaque Persimmon (DB2108) -second colour - 10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Opaque Dyed Red (DB0796) - third colour - 10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Silver Lined Red Orange (DB0043) - fourth colour - 10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Opaque Mandarin (DB1133) - fifth colour -10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Dyed Opaque Salmon (DB1363) - sixth colour -10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Opaque Dyed Squash (DB0651) - seventh colour - 10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Duracoat Opaque Banana (DB2102) - eighth colour - 10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Light Lemon Ice Ceylon (DB0232) - ninth colour - 10 g
- Miyuki cylinder beads 11/0 Opaque cream AB (DB0157) - tenth colour - 10 g
- Classic bead Champagne 2mm - 600 (can substitute 2mm Firepolished)
- Swarovski drop (4320) 18x13 Crystal Sunshine DeLite - 1
- Swarovski big oval fancy stone 30 x 22 mm Crystal (4127) Sunshine DeLite - 1
- Swarovski oval fancy stone 18 x 13 mm Crystal (4120) Sunshine DeLite - 1
- Swarovski rivoli (1122) Champagne 16 mm - 1
- Swarovski Chaton (1088) SS39 Crystal Ochre DeLite 8 mm - 2
- Swarovski bicone 4 mm Yellow Opal (231) Aurora Boreale 2x (AB2) - 50
- Swarovski Chaton (1088) SS39 Golden Shadow DeLite - 2
- Swarovski pearls (5810) 4mm Gold Pearl - 210
- Round golden clasp - 1
- Miyuki thread light yellow 13 and Miyuki beading needle extra fine for weaving - 1
To attend this event, you will need a laptop or tablet along with the Zoom Application which can easily be downloaded for either Windows, Apple, or Android devices, and a good internet connection. After registering and paying for your class, you will be sent a link to the online class the week of the workshop.
Class space is confirmed upon receipt of payment. There are no class refunds unless SocialBeadia cancels the class. If you need to cancel, you may transfer your spot to another student, or you will receive all instructional materials and the option to purchase a kit if available. Under no circumstances will refunds be given if you have already received the class instructions. For questions, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Giusti Fenice Necklace - May 27, 2023 10 am - 4 pm Eastern